Thursday, April 05, 2018

DAY 5: THE OTHER END OF TOMORROW

§

Not doing the GloPoWriMo prompt today. It's one of the pretend you're writing something based on a poem written in a language you know nothing about ones. I was going to give it a shot and clicked on several foreign-to-me poems, but they were all really long so I'm going off on my own for this one. Wrote it this morning, then sat on it all day as I thought it might get longer, and indeed it may, just not today!

Mi esposo at Figaro's last night for an almost last Mexican dinner


The Other End of Tomorrow

we make a path through the hours
a syncopation of wonder
under a pale blue sky
a maze of knots
a folded umbrella
meant to keep off sun
not the rain we can expect
at the other end of tomorrow

§

2 comments:

sonya said...

Oh I do like that. But Linda! It's snowing -- a lot!
See you soon ;))) -- Wendy

Linda Crosfield said...

Thank you, Wendy, and thanks again for inviting me to read. I really enjoyed the evening. Darned ferry schedules—wish I could have stayed longer to chat! xo